Singapore to make acquaintance with Group-IB’s CyberCrimeCon
The iconic CyberCrimeCon is coming to Singapore, bringing with it the world’s leading threat hunters, cybersecurity researchers, C-suite executives, and even representatives from the likes of INTERPOL, Cyber Security Agency of Singapore, FS-ISAC and other big names.
The event, to be held on November 29 at Andaz by Hyatt Hotel, Singapore for the very first time, will throw a spotlight on global and Asia Pacific cybercrime trends, as well as some of the world’s most prevalent and new hacker groups.
The event is the brainchild of Singapore-based cybersecurity company Group-IB. CEO and founder Ilya Sachkov says the company has been on the front lines of cybersecurity for the last 16 years.
"We have accumulated in-depth knowledge on cybercriminal world that we, together with the leading threat hunters, researchers, and those others who are at the front line of the fight against the cybercriminals, are going to share at CyberCrimeCon 2019 in Singapore,” says Sachkov.
“The conference provides a platform for discussing the current trends in the cybercriminal world, which clearly show the increased activity of state-sponsored hacker groups and indicate that all the interstate tensions are now being transmitted into cyberspace.”
Topline reports from Group-IB will be presented by the company’s founders, CEO Ilya Sachkov and CTO Dmitry Volkov.
"Today, cyberspace is indeed becoming a new theatre of confrontation between various countries, which is one of the key findings of our Hi-Tech Crime Trends 2019 report,” says Sachkov.
CyberCrimeCon 2019 will also offer valuable insights and advice for security teams that struggle to stay on top of early threat detection, as well as other security challenges like network protection, phishing and fraud protection, and cyber-attack investigations.
Speakers include INTERPOL Cybercrime Director Craig Jones; CSA’s Assistant Chief Executive Gaurav Keerthi; Executive Director in Asia-Pacific at FS-ISAC, Brian Hansen; Global Resilience Federation’s VP Community Development Cynthia Camacho; Principal Researcher at Unit 42, Palo Alto Networks, Vicky Ray; and others.
Speakers will discuss topics including:
- Reducing the global impact of cybercrime - Craig Jones, Cybercrime Director, INTERPOL
- Building a resilient and trusted cyber environment in Singapore - Gaurav Keerthi, Assistant Chief Executive, CSA
- The first and last line of cyber-defense - Brian Hansen, Executive Director, Asia-Pacific, FS-ISAC
- The bad guys are scheming. It’s time to join a team - Cynthia Camacho, VP Community Development, GRF
- Rise of commodity malware - stories from the trenches - Vicky Ray, Principal Researcher - Unit 42, Palo Alto Networks
- Building threat hunting team from scratch - Nguyen Le, SOC Developer/Threat Hunter at NCSC VietNam
- Cyber threats & responses in the APAC region and globally - Kazunori Yozawa, CTO, NTT
- Online brand abuse: latest trends & evolution of fraud methods - Ilya Rozhnov, Group-IB
- Libertad y gloria - a Mexican cyber heist story - Frank Boldewin, Fiducia & GAD IT AG
- Artificial intelligence in cybersecurity - Alexander Lazarenko, Group-IB.
To stay tuned and be first to know the news about the conference, follow Group-IB on Twitter.