McAfee announces new endpoint protection and cloud security products
Cybersecurity company McAfee has announced new products expanding its McAfee MVISION portfolio, a first-of-its-kind solution that allows customers to deploy security on their terms as they move to the cloud.
Joining McAfee MVISION ePO, McAfee MVISION Endpoint and McAfee MVISION Mobile, announced last July, the newly announced MVISION solutions, McAfee MVISION EDR and McAfee MVISION Cloud deliver comprehensive and integrated device-to-cloud data protection and threat prevention capabilities that give customers a simpler and faster approach to mitigating their risk of data loss.
McAfee chief executive officer Chris Young says, “McAfee is delivering a cloud-native portfolio, designed to protect data and stop threats, from device to cloud. Digital transformation is inevitable; we urge our customers to utilise the MVISION portfolio to feel empowered against an expanding threatscape as they advance their organisation.”
Digital transformation is driving the need for a cloud-first approach to security.
For organisations to adopt the cloud with peace of mind, they not only need visibility into data and applications, but consistent data and threat protection policies across their data and applications wherever they reside.
With the addition of MVISION EDR, MVISION Cloud and McAfee ePO-Unified Data Protection, McAfee is enabling organisations to mount a powerful threat and data-centric defence spanning from device to the cloud.
These solutions are designed to give freedom and confidence to organisations that are accelerating their business through digital transformation initiatives.
McAfee MVISION EDR
McAfee MVISION endpoint detection and response (EDR) enables security teams to act faster and with higher precision so they can do more with their current staff and skill sets.
Typically, organisations suffer from information overload when it comes to most EDR systems because they generate volumes of data and alerts that require skills—often in short supply—to interpret and investigate before action can be taken.
MVISION EDR implements human-machine teaming to enable analysts of all skill levels to be more effective and efficient.
Integrated into the McAfee ePO management platform, analysts can identify threats, dive into context, review the results of automated investigations and take actions to respond.
McAfee MVISION EDR utilises advanced analytics to identify and prioritise suspicious behaviour from contextually rich endpoint data, helps guide and automate in-depth investigations to reduce the tactical strain on security analysts and enables rapid response with direct actions and broader integration to the security ecosystem.
The solution delivers:
- Cloud-based analytics: Cloud analytics leverage the Mitre ATT&CK framework to uncover and prioritise a broad spectrum of suspicious behaviours, helping analysts quickly understand risk severity and take appropriate next steps: dismiss, respond or investigate.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) driven investigation: Accelerates investigation and evidence gathering with dynamic investigation guides that address the cyber-skills gap by levelling up junior analysts and improving senior analyst efficiency. In McAfee’s own internal security operations experience, the company was able to up-skill level-1 operators and achieve up to a 15x reduction in time to investigate.
- Rapid response: Enables affected systems to be quickly contained with a single click, while ecosystem integrations support security team workflows and processes to increase operational efficiency.
Cybersecurity with ESG senior principal analyst Jon Oltsik, “MVISION EDR approaches endpoint detection and response by providing automated investigation capabilities, making the tool more accessible to junior analysts and reducing the level of skill required for triage and investigations.
“This can help organisations maximise the value of EDR, accelerate processes, and improve analyst efficiency,”
McAfee MVISION cloud
As information moves from protected, on-premises corporate networks, to the cloud, it can be very difficult for organisations to ensure its protection.
McAfee has solved this problem with MVISION Cloud, which brings together data protection and threat prevention across Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
The McAfee MVISION Cloud platform enables enterprises to adopt cloud services while securing both sanctioned and unsanctioned cloud services, protect sensitive data across the cloud and stop the most advanced threats.
- Visibility into data, context and user behaviour: Provides visibility and control across all cloud services, employing a combination of API and proxy-enabled approaches, with DLP policy that can be extended from devices to the cloud. This includes content scanning, logging and activity monitoring and threat and malware detection.
- Centralised management: Delivers consistent and comprehensive management across public cloud services spanning the SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS spectrum, like Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Advanced threat protection: Protects against malware and external and insider threats through UEBA (User and Entity Behaviour Analytics) driven by machine learning built for the scale and elasticity of cloud environments.
McAfee device-to-cloud unified data protection
The latest integration between McAfee Endpoint DLP and Skyhigh Security Cloud DLP offers the same data loss prevention (DLP) policy engine across endpoints, networks and the cloud.
McAfee Unified Data Protection offers users a single pane of glass to manage all DLP incidents and reporting via McAfee ePO leading to simplicity, increased business efficiency and improved security.
“The new MVISION portfolio of Enterprise products is designed to help our customers stay on top of the evolving security needs, from device to cloud, with a solution that is simple, flexible, comprehensive and fast, so that our customers can act decisively and mitigate risks,” says McAfee corporate security products vice president and general manager Raja Patel.
McAfee MVISION ePO, MVISION Endpoint, MVISION Mobile and MVISION Cloud is currently available.
McAfee ePO-Unified Data Protection will be available late October and MVISION EDR will be available in Q1 2019.