Hybrid workplaces here to stay, Palo Alto Networks steps in with security service
Palo Alto Networks has introduced Prisma SASE, bringing together Prisma Access and Prisma SD-WAN into an integrated cloud-delivered service.
It includes network security and next-generation SD-WAN to ensure that organisations stay secure and productive while working between branch offices and home offices, and on the road, the company states.
According to the State of Hybrid Workforce Security 2021 report, 61% of Australian organisations have struggled to provide the necessary remote security to support work from home capabilities, accelerating the need for SASE to improve the security, connectivity and productivity for hybrid workers, Palo Alto Networks states.
Added innovations for Prisma SASE include SD-WAN with integrated 5G to accelerate SASE deployments to branch offices, and ADEM to provide an enhanced digital experience for users regardless of location.
In addition, Prisma SASE will be rolling out the following new capabilities:
- New bundled SKUs, so customers can adopt SASE. Prisma SASE converges Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), Cloud Secure Web Gateway (SWG), Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), Firewall as a Service (FWaaS) and SD-WAN into a single solution.
- New SD-WAN appliance with integrated 5G (ION 1200), offering organisations the ability to deliver 5G WAN connectivity to branch networks as part of the Prisma SASE solution, including the ability to run active/active 5G WAN interfaces for carrier redundancy.
- New CloudBlades integrations, including ServiceNow, Microsoft Teams and Zoom for improved hybrid work connectivity. CloudBlades is a platform that provides organisations with the ability to integrate various cloud services into the Prisma SASE solution via APIs.
- Industry's only SASE-native Autonomous Digital Experience Management, introducing a new digital experience for all users and branch offices on Prisma SD-WAN (introduced earlier in 2021 to mobile users on Prisma Access) while providing visibility into cloud infrastructure performance, application performance and user traffic monitoring.
- Integrated Cloud Secure Web Gateway with reimagined configuration workflows, providing simple web security rules with predefined recommendations and continuous assessments to accommodate the needs of a hybrid workforce.
Palo Alto Networks senior vice president of products, firewall as a platform, Anand Oswal says, "Hybrid work is here to stay, and organisations are in need of a solution that enables them to secure all applications used by their employees on their network regardless of location - remote, mobile or from the office.
"Prisma SASE is a massively distributed cloud service that provides the industry's most complete SASE solution on the market, making it extremely easy for organisations to scale and secure their hybrid workforce while delivering an exceptional user experience."
ESG senior analyst Bob Laliberte says, "Organisations are actively deploying applications across data centers, public clouds and edge locations for workers at home, corporate or remote locations.
"These highly distributed environments are driving the need for secure connectivity. In fact, ESG research identified that the top network priority for organisations in 2021 is to ensure a tightly integrated network and security solution.
"Palo Alto Networks Prisma SASE enables organisations to fulfil that requirement by delivering a tightly integrated and comprehensive secure access service edge solution that combines security, networking and digital experience management.
"This includes the ability to leverage active-active 5G wireless WAN with carrier redundancy in the new ION-1200 appliance, highlighting its role as an industry innovator."