BlackBerry makes moves with its global expansion of crisis communication software
BlackBerry has updated its enterprise security solution BlackBerry Secure, in a move that aims to help organisations protect their personnel during a crisis in eight additional languages.
Additionally, BlackBerry AtHoc’s latest updates to its crisis communication platform includes enhanced mobile alerting functionality, upgraded map-based experiences for emergency operators, and significant performance improvements.
“A wide range of companies, from oil and gas manufacturers in the Middle East to large transportation hubs in Europe, are in need of platforms that will increase communication and efficiencies throughout global teams,” explains Ly Tran, senior vice president of BlackBerry AtHoc Sales.
“In addition to finding platforms that enable this level of productivity, customers are also demanding the most secure solutions on the market,” he says.
Oded Shekel, vice president of Product Management at BlackBerry AtHoc, says communicating during and after a crisis is a universal challenge.
“We make it easier for customers in Europe and Latin America to protect people by sending messages and monitoring activity in local languages,” Shekel says.
“By automating this process and reducing the burden of translations, we are helping organisations reach personnel quickly during a crisis, without language becoming a barrier when response time is critical.”
BlackBerry AtHoc’s key product updates include:
- Eight New Languages: Native language support through multiple worldwide data centres for international customers leads to faster response and improved safety during a crisis.
- Enhanced Geographical Targeting: New custom map layering makes targeting users faster and easier for complex global organisations.
- Flexible Mobile Operations: Simplifications to the mobile experience, including customised user groups for operators and streamlined alerting for end users, optimise the ability to send and receive critical information during a crisis via the AtHoc mobile app.
- Augmented Performance: AtHoc continues to improve performance. With this latest update, it delivers up to 50 percent faster page loads in the product areas used most often, meaning it takes less time to start communicating during a crisis, keeping people and organisations safe.
- Enhanced Security and Privacy: AtHoc continues to invest in making its platform the most secure as well as adhering to global privacy standards.