Forescout updates security platform to support more high-risk devices
FYI, this story is more than a year old
Forescout has updated its security platform to provide more protection against devices across an IT ecosystem, as well as internet of things (IoT) and operational technology (OT) systems.
Forescout’s updated platform leverages a knowledge base of more than 11 million enterprise devices through the Forescout Device Cloud.
The platform also supports more than two million devices across IT, IoT and OT in a single implementation. This allows organisations, which often have more than 1 million devices, to confidently identify what is on their network and act quickly to secure them.
“Millions of devices are connecting to enterprise networks every day. Forescout can successfully secure the world’s largest and most complicated environments, from a few thousand devices to millions at a single organisation,” comments Forescout Technologies chief product and strategy officer, Pedro Abreu.
“The latest updates once again confirm our commitment to providing CIOs and CISOs with the right data, context and tools to quickly identify and secure high risk devices at scale.”
New capabilities and benefits include:
- New eyeSight user interface: The new highly interactive, web-based interface enables organisations to more easily identify high-risk devices and proactively alert security teams in real-time and at scale. New capabilities also allow security teams to quickly drill down and isolate devices associated with an attack, then share those insights across the organisation.
- New eyeExtend Connect App ecosystem: The new eyeExtend Connect ecosystem allows customers and partners to extend the power of the Forescout platform with community-built apps. This crowdsourced approach will accelerate time-to-value and allow customers to quickly share data between the Forescout platform and all IT and security products for more effective policy enforcement and response automation.
- New public cloud deployments: Customers now have the flexibility to deploy Forescout in AWS or Microsoft Azure public cloud environments enabling cloud-first organisations to gain the security benefits of the platform without the need for on-premise infrastructure. These new options expand upon the existing support for VMware, Hyper-V and KVM private cloud infrastructure.
- Enterprise-wide macro segmentation: Forescout integrates these new capabilities with its first cloud native product, eyeSegment, which makes it easier to design and implement enterprise-wide segmentation policies across multiple network domains. Customers can now visualise traffic flows and more confidently enforce segmentation controls across diverse enforcement points in their extended network.
- OT security and risk management: Forescout delivers the most comprehensive single pane of glass visibility across IT and OT networks. Additional SilentDefense updates include enhanced NERC CIP compliance reporting, selective and non-intrusive active inspection for deeper visibility, and an asset risk framework to aggregate multiple risk factors into impact-based scores.
- Network access control in Arista environments: Organisations can now leverage direct integrations with Arista infrastructure to implement network access control in Arista as well as heterogenous environments. This enables enterprises to identify IT and IoT devices, provision network access and automate network response to mitigate risks without the need for agents or reliance on 802.1X.